Tuesday 29 October 2013

The Plural Of Vinyl Is Vinyl

Lisbon exists! On 7 inch! I hold in my hands incontrovertible tangible evidence - the 7 inch itself. Happy to report as it's existence was in doubt, at least in my own mind. Cracking b-side too, "One By One (Electric)", is an If You Leave It Alone style gentle number with a lovely horn part and Freschard coo-ing in the background. Which makes me wonder what One By One (Acoustic/Normal) would sound like as the released version really isn't very "electric". Excellent though. Shame there's no download code but I guess that'll keep the 7 inch special. A friend asked me why I was spending £5 on a 7 inch when I already had the lead track, but there you go - fandom!

Speaking of which, if you're waiting for the WP's to get off tour and send out the double-vinyl to you I'm here to tell you it's well worth waiting for. 2LP gatefold, white-vinyl, 2CD's in the package, full lyrics and snazzy pictures, it's really a terrific package. Great pressing too as it plays flat and silent (between songs, I mean).

Despite the band obviously being vinyl fans, I feel like I've complained about waiting for vinyl pressings on a number of releases over the last couple years. Well, not this time around - it's a great time to be a WP's vinyl fan!




8 comments:

  1. Just got Lisbon through the post as well!
    Did you see the 12" 1-sided version that they released?

    Cheers
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris - only just seen this comment due to website issues. I knew about the 12" but have never seen a copy. It seems there are actual records, rumoured records and plain don't exist records!

      Delete
  2. I've got a copy of the 1-sided 12" and could post a picture if you wanted.
    Thanks
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chris - that would be great and interesting. Can you post it in the comments? When i get around to doing a proper review/discography then i could use the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is a link as I couldn't get the image to render in the comment:
    http://s256.photobucket.com/user/cnh1001/slideshow/Wave%20Pictures

    ReplyDelete
  5. It didn't come signed by-the-way; I caught up with the band in Madrid and they were nice enough to sign it on the non-playing-side...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks terrific! Better than the printed Helen EP, I'd say.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of the 10"s though; the Shedpress cover for the Helen EP is great.
    Also the Woods/Ropes live 10" has a very good sound.

    ReplyDelete